Watchman YES Symposium Questions And Answers Article 2
Here are More Answers to some of the questions asked by some participants of the Watchman YES Symposium.
- How can a Christian succeed in Music or theater art? The music and theater industry is filled with every tom, dick and harry. For you to succeed as a Christian in that same industry, you must distinguish yourself and don’t go with the flow i.e. to follow the band wagon; set a standard for yourself, be disciplined and never compromise.
- I love to teach but I am presently studying statistics. Is it a nice choice? Teaching is a natural skill that you possess. You can leverage on that natural skill as a statistician and take up a lecturing work at any level i.e. Secondary School or tertiary institution. You may also want to proceed by obtaining a postgraduate degree in education.
- I love music and I intend to be a petroleum engineer. What should I do? You can pursue both passions together. While you are undergoing your study to be a petroleum engineer, you can at the same time take an evening or weekend class in music. However, you must be able to prioritize in order to get the best of both fields.
- I love artworks, writing, designs, sounds and photography and I intend to study mass communication. Where do I start from and is the course lucrative? I am going to take the second arm of the question first and the answer is yes, it is lucrative. And as for where to start from, start with applying for the course. Mass Communication has different aspect and with your above listed passions, I bet you will surely make something great out of the course.
- Can I be a successful footballer in Nigeria as a Christian? Anybody can engage in playing football. It is a good exercise for the body to keep fit. However, to engage in football as a career is another kettle of fish. Every career has its own challenges but all challenges are surmountable. As a believer, you must allow yourself to be guided by the word of God into whatever career you choose. Remember, you are the light of the world. Matt 5:16