Watchman YES Symposium Questions And Answers Article 5
- I am a fresh graduate. How do I get a job? Getting a job is easy if you can define the value you have to offer your prospective employer. Most fresh graduate are unemployable because they have nothing to offer. From the way you package your curriculum vitae, your prospective employer would know if you are worth it or not.
- How can someone choose a career when you don’t even know what your passion is? Every one of us is passionate about something. If you don’t know your own, it may be because you have not taken time to look inwards. Take a little time to look inwards and you will discover that area that is of interest to you or that you are passionate about.
- Where can a geologist work? A geologist can work in the oil, mining sectors or in research institutes. It is a very lucrative field of endeavour and someone who intends to go into this area must think big i.e. don’t limit yourself to the possibility of working only in Nigeria. You can work anywhere in the world.
- I have a talent for painting, drawing and writing; can I study English and literature? You can study English and literature Education. This will give you an edge in the sector.
- I intend to be a Nurse but can’t behold the sight of blood. Every field has its own peculiarities. If you discover that you may not be able to cope with the peculiarity of your intended field of study, it may be necessary for you to reconsider. On the other hand, you should not be discouraged by what you see or think to be a challenge. In the course of your study, there is the possibility of you overcoming your initial phobia.
- When you choose a course but the School offered another course different from your choice, what do you do? There are two options: you may decide to refuse the offer and go back to write the matriculation examination or you make lemonade out of your lemon i.e. make the best out of what you are given. You may decide to acquire some other professional qualifications/certifications to enhance your employability.