WATCHMAN YOUTH EMPOWERMENT SCHEME (Watchman YES) Symposium Questions And Answers
Here are Answers to some of the questions asked by some participants of the Watchman YES Symposium.
- After someone studies pharmacy in the University, what is the next step to take? There are a lot of opportunities you can explore as a graduate of pharmacy or as a pharmacist. One of such is that you can decide to work in a pharmaceutical company or work in a hospital as their pharmacist or you can partner with pharmaceutical companies abroad and be their distributor here in Nigeria. As a long term goal, you can actually establish a pharmaceutical company and produce drugs for the general use in the health care sector.
- After graduating from the University, can one go for apprenticeship for a course like Nursing, Law? You cannot do apprenticeship in Law or Nursing. You can only study them in School as a course and they are both lucrative.
- Can someone embark on three different things at the same time i.e. being a student, doing business and combining church work? Jack of all trade is said to be, master of none. However, if you can prioritize your schedule, you should be able to combine different activities together perfectly i.e. multitasking, and practice time management. It will also take being disciplined, focused and diligent.No matter how demanding your work may be, you should be able to balance it along side your being a Christian so that one does not suffer for the other.
- Can I make it as an aeronautical engineer in Nigeria? Yes, you can. The aviation market in Nigeria is filled with great opportunities. Many airlines and operators are in need of aeronautical maintenance personnel and engineers. If you intend to go into the aviation sector, it is important for you to think global and not limit yourself to Nigeria alone because it is a sector that has a global touch.
- When someone has interest in treating sick people or studying human body and intends to study medicine but is not good in physics and chemistry as subjects in the Secondary School, what other option does the individual have? You may have to change your choice of course to another one that does not require core science subject. The fact that you like treating people does not mean that you must be a Nurse or Doctor. It may be a skill you can use in any other field e.g. hospitality, etc